HVMS Virtual Synchronous Learning
Beginning November 16, 2020, Hidden Valley Middle School will move to a synchronous learning environment. Students will log in to every class, every day, following their daily class schedule as if they are in school. The school day will run from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm as if the students are physically in the building. The virtual bell schedules are listed below. Attendance will be taken daily by teachers who will be teaching from their classrooms via Canvas and Zoom.
Below are some important reminders for continued success of our students.
- Zoom links will be on each teacher’s Canvas home page.
- Students will log into Canvas and open the Zoom Link.
- Teachers will welcome students into the virtual class and take daily attendance.
- Teachers will provide daily instructional activities via Zoom.
- Daily assignments, activities, and assessments will be given and will be part of your student's overall grade with scores placed in Skyward.
Grab and Go Lunches
Hidden Valley Middle School will be providing Grab-and-Go breakfast and lunches from 11:45 am - 12:30 pm. Complete the lunch request form:
Parents are able to drive around the school using the bus lane, stopping at the north door. Cafeteria staff will then bring out the meals.
Friday Virtual Day--November 20, 2020
Friday virtual days will remain the same as they have been all year. Students will log into each Canvas classroom on their schedule. Teachers will provide a 20-25 minute assignment/review activity, etc., for your students that they will access via Canvas and work on independently. These instructional activities are part of your students grade. Teachers will be available virtually from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm if your student has questions or requires additional support. There will be no students in the school building on Friday, November 20, 2020. Students are not required to follow the bell schedule, but do need to log into every class on Friday and complete the daily assignment.
Shift to Virtual Learning- No School Nov 12, 2020
THURSDAY, NOV 12 – NO SCHOOL
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13 – REGULAR FRIDAY SCHEDULE
An increase in active cases of COVID-19 has been identified within Hidden Valley Middle School.
After discussing the circumstances in an emergency Board meeting, the Jordan School District Board of Education has determined that it is necessary for Hidden Valley Middle to move to online, virtual learning for two weeks beginning Monday, November 16, 2020.
To allow students and staff time to prepare for online learning, there will be no in-person or virtual classes tomorrow, Thursday, November 12. This will be a teacher preparation day. More details about moving to online, virtual learning for two weeks will be sent to you tomorrow, November 12.
COVID-19 case counts at all schools and buildings in the District can be found on the Jordan COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard can be accessed at movingforward.jordandistrict.org
Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences
When: Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Time: 4:00-8:00 pm via Zoom
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Time: 4:00-7:30 pm via Zoom
Virtual Students PTC
Boo to the Flu
It is time for Reflections here at Hidden Valley Middle. PTA's Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life. The theme for the 2020-2021 program year is I Matter Because.... Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Entries this year will be submitted and judged online and entries are due by October 16th. Enter at utahpta.org/reg
Tips Parenting Schedule
TIPS Parenting Conference, presented by Uplift Families and KUTV!
The show will air on September 19th at 6:00pm on Channel 2 after the 5:00 news. Parents will learn ways to strengthen families and better communicate with their kids!
Special guests include: Alex Boyé, Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, Jason Hewlett, Dr. Paula Fellingham, Brad Wilcox, One Voice Children’s Choir and First Lady of Utah Jeanette Herbert.
Link to the television spot: https://youtu.be/A7nYSYOuWx4.
Friday will be an important time for student enrichment and remediation as well as teacher planning and preparation. The Fridays schedule will be organized as follows:
|Teacher PLC Time||7:30||9:30|
|Learning Session 1||10:00||10:34|
|Learning Session 2||10:39||11:13|
|Learning Session 3||11:18||11:52|
|Learning Session 4||11:57||12:30|
|Bus Pick up/Dismissal||1:00||1:07|
|Teacher Planning/Addition Intervention||1:00||3:30|
- Fridays will be divided up into 4 instruction and remediation sessions beginning at 10:00 and ending at 12:30.
- During these 4 sessions teachers will invite students to join them online or in person depending on academic needs. Students will know in advance if they are invited to an in person or online session.
- If a student is not invited to an enrichment or remediation session, and would like extra support please, make a plan with your teacher prior to Friday each week.
- When students have completed their assigned sessions they are allowed to check out and return home, or wait in the library for their bus.
- Lunch will be provided, at the normal cost, from 12:30-1:00
- Buses will run their regular routes please check under the School Information tab at the top of this page for additional information.
Please feel free to reach out to the school if you have further questions.
Grab and Go Lunch
Thanks to a USDA free meal waiver, Jordan School District Nutrition Services will begin offering meals at no cost to all enrolled students beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020. Online and at-home learners may pick up meals at 11:30 Monday-Thursday and 12:30 on Friday. Please indicate by 9:30 am each day if you will be picking up lunch.
Please fill out the form at the following link:
The last day to order Hawk apparel through the online PTSA store is September 12. You can order at the following link: hvms2020.itemorder.com
Work in the Hawk's Nest
Welcome Hawks! The excitement in the Nest is contagious as teachers and staff prepare to welcome students. We can't wait to start the school year.
Let's all do our part to help keep our community safe and healthy. Remember face coverings are required when entering Hidden Valley Middle School, this includes everyone, students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Hidden Valley Middle School virtual back to school celebration includes a live-streamed celebration and information about classes and faculty. Please click on departments to learn about your teachers and classes
Our live streamed even will begin at 6:00 pm on Monday, August 24, 2020
Please join us at the following link
HVMS Picture Day
Hidden Valley Middle School fall picture day will be on Thursday, August 27, 2020. Pictures will be taken during Language Arts classes. Picture packets can be ordered online through mylifetouch.com using code EVTFVR3H7
For students who have chosen an online learning environment, and would like to have their picture taken, pictures can be taken at Hidden Valley Middle School from 9:45 am - 10:20 am on August 27, 2020. Please enter the building through the main doors and we will assist your student in having their picture taken.
HVMS 7th Grade Orientation
Welcome 7th Grade Hawks!
Hidden Valley Middle School will be hosting 7th grade orientation as we open this beautiful new building. This is a half day for 7th grade students only. 7th graders will have the opportunity to attend every class on their schedule to meet their teachers and learn all about middle school. The day will conclude with a visit to the cafeteria where they will receive a treat prior to dismissal. We are so excited to meet all of our new 7th grade students!
Event: 7th Grade Orientation
Where: Hidden Valley Middle School
When: Monday, August 24, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Buses will be running at regular times for morning pick-up. You can check your Skyward Family Access under Busing to determine your bus stop and pick-up/drop-off times. See you on August 24th.
2020-21 HVMS Registration
Dear Hawk Nation,
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Hawks' Nest! We know that there will be students joining us in person and online. We also anticipate having students at school for only part of the day as well. Whatever option you have chosen we are excited to be connected with you!
Regardless of the academic options you have selected all students attending HVMS (either virtually or in person) will need to register. Registration for School is what actually solidifies the fact that you are coming to Hidden Valley next year and involves updating addresses, reviewing school policies, and paying required and optional school fees.
Registration for School (both virtually and in-person)
- All registration forms must be completed online between August 3rd and August 17th, 2020
- Please use your Skyward guardian login and password to access your Skyward account to complete the registration process.
- Please take a moment to CHECK and UPDATE your e-mail and phone number(s) in Skyward! It is critical that all emails and phone numbers are updated in order for you to receive important information that is sent throughout the year.
- You can opt to receive text messages and/or e-mail messages from the school to stay connected with important information about events, schedule changes, and activities at school. You can also find helpful information at hiddenvalley.jordandistrict.org
- You can pay for registration fees, on-line through Skyward Family access with no service charge.
- If you need a fee waiver you can access the forms at this link.
- Your student’s schedule will be locked until registration fees are paid. You will not be able to see your schedule until August 17, 2020.
- If you need to request a course change please fill out the following form.
- If you have questions, please call the school at 801-412-1050 between the hours of 8-3 during the summer for help.